I'm always the first one to give people advice, and help them. But god damn I'm so bad at taking my own advice. I've always said that life goes on, and no one should let anything break them down too much. But this, right now, feels too heavy to handle for me.
I know I can do this. I know I've dealt with worse in the past, and I know that people are currently dealing with worse. But when it's happening to you, nothing seems to help. Nothing anyone says really makes anything any better because it doesn't change what's going on. Sometimes you need to just accept everything that is happening, let it in, and breathe. If you need to cry, you let out all the tears you want to. You treat yourself to some alone time, and you don't let anything get in your way.
Things to remember:
- Never be afraid to cry, let your feelings show.
- Trust actions, not words.
- Sometimes, not making a decisions IS making a decision.
- Take time out to really relax.
- Hang out with people that make you laugh.
- Writing things out really helps (at least for me). As does talking with your best friend or someone you trust.
- Never push anyone away when you love them. If you do it long enough, they WILL go away and you WILL regret pushing them away.
- Love yourself. If you don't, work on it.
- Keep an eye out for yourself. It's okay to put yourself first sometimes.
- Do things that make you happy.
- Meet new people. Don't be afraid to bond.
- Give up on dwelling on the past or worrying too much about the future. Your life is happening right now. This is it.
Some people have asked me why I don't post my blogspot on my tumblr when I update it. I feel extremely vulnerable when I post on here, and I don't know how I feel about people reading my words. No other reason really.